Kornilov Vladimir Date of Birth
13 July 1968
Kornilov Vladimir Citizenship
Kornilov Vladimir Professional field/official position
Kornilov Vladimir biography
KORNILOV Vladimir Vladimirovich (b. 1968) is an anti-Ukrainian propagandist, a supporter of the so-called “Russian world,” ex-director of the Ukrainian branch of the Institute of the CIS Countries. He is a permanent participant in the Russian propaganda TV shows, an observer of the Russia Today International Information Agency. He is regularly published on propaganda websites Ukraina.ru and Politnavigator.
- In the 1990s, he worked as a political consultant in Ukraine. He organized the elections of various levels. Later, he created and headed the Center for Strategic Planning.
- In 1995-1999, he was editor of the politics department of the Komsomolskaya Pravda – Donbas newspaper. He was a member of the Council of the organization “Russian-speaking Ukraine,” which aimed to “protect the Russian language” in Ukraine, was an active participant in the Donbas Inter-Movement.
- Since 2006, he has been heading the Ukrainian branch of the Institute of the CIS Countries. That is a non-profit organization established in April 1996. Among the founders are the Moscow government, the Russian Academy of Sciences, MGIMO, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Moscow State University, etc. Its founder is a State Duma member Konstantin Zatulin.
- In 2011, he received gratitude from Putin “for the great contribution to the development and strengthening of relations of friendship and cooperation between the Russian Federation and Ukraine.” In 2011 he published the book “Donetsk-Kryvyi Rih Republic: The Killed Dream.”
- In July 2013, he resigned as director of the Ukrainian branch of the Institute of the CIS Countries and left Kyiv. In Moscow, he headed the new body, the Center for Eurasian Studies.
- In 2015, he co-authored the book “How Elections Are Won in the USA, Great Britain, and the European Union: An Analysis of Political Technologies,” which received the Silver Archer award from the Russian authorities.